Making Good Food – Carrot and Kimchi Salad
You’ve got to try this yummy carrot and kimchi salad with sesame seeds. It’s not time consuming at all. When you and your loved ones eat it, not only do you get the health benefits of carrots – which include Vitamins A, B6 and K1, potassium and biotin – but you will also reap the benefits of the freshly juiced ginger in our Root for Ginger kimchi, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, aids in digestion, and can be effective against nausea. Additionally, the red pepper flakes in the kraut not only release endorphins, making them a natural painkiller, but also act as an anti-bacterial.
Carrot and Kimchi Salad
- 6 large rainbow carrots, peeled and cut into strips with a julienne peeler
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2½ Tbsp Tahini paste
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp red pepper flake
- ¾ cup Cultured Love Root for Ginger Kimchi
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Prepare carrots and place in a large mixing bowl
- Heat sesame oil in a small pan over medium heat. Cook the minced garlic until just fragrant, about 30-40 seconds, turn off heat.
- Add Tahini paste, coconut aminos, green onions, rice vinegar, cayenne pepper, honey, red pepper flakes, and Cultured Love Root for Ginger Kimchi. Add 1-2 Tbsp. of water ad whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the carrots and toss.
- Top with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Chill in fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.
Let us know what you think of this tasty yet simple salad!